Find out for yourself why ACAWE is the favored cultural exchange provider…
Over a decade ago, American Camp & Work Experience (ACAWE) received their designation from the US State Department to be a Sponsor of the J1 Camp Counselor and Summer Work Travel Programs. Its leadership team consists of individuals who have a combined total of over 100 years in the International Staffing industry.
Looking to work
We believe strongly in the J1 Cultural Exchange Program and are 100% committed to serving our International Participants and our Camp and Resort Area Clients. We believe that it is a privilege to be a Sponsor and to support all parties to the ACAWE Program. Our fees to employers are among the lowest. We offer personal attention and service to make the program for the Employer and the Participant a success. We are here 24/7 to respond to your needs and to provide the best customer service in the Industry.
Looking to hire international staff?
Why Choose Us
- Our Senior Staff consists of the most experienced and well respected Placement staff in the industry, with over 50 years of matching the right applicant with the right camp.
- Go and hire or get hired at one of our job fairs in the major countries with whom we work.
- Work at a US Summer Camp and earn a minimum of $1800 including free room and board for your 9 weeks at camp.*
- We are available 24/ 7 to ensure a seamless and user friendly process from beginning to end, for both applicants and employers.
- An easy process to register and to apply so that you can get hired or so that you can find the staff members you need for your camp.
What Client’s Say
ACAWE’s new direction with Gary Bauer and Gail Leopold on board is positive for international staff recruiting. Their combined years of experience are assets for ACAWE and camps they serve.
Over in the past years we have hired many staff from ACAWE who have been superb members of our community. We are greatly looking forward to working with them again for this upcoming camp season.
Camps Baco and Che-Na-Wah are proud of their long standing relationship with ACAWE. We trust their insight, level of maturity, and experience, and look forward to many more years of team building together.
Camp Awosting & Chinqueka had a great experience with ACAWE last year. We attended the Mexico fair and got some great support staff for both our resident camp’s in CT. The quality of the attendees at the fair was excellent; they had a huge pool of qualified and willing participants, with good qualifications and excellent English skills. The communication with our representative was great, and the participants all had a great summer. We will certainly be using the agency again. Highly recommend them.